Thursday, January 30, 2014

3 days post op - home and healing

Today I'm 3 days post op from my back surgery.   I haven't been able to sit down at my sewing machine to quilt yet but I am definitely thinking about it which is a very good thing.  Monday I went in for surgery and when I woke up I found that I had to spend the night because I had developed a "leak" from a tear, not too bad but I had to be flat on my back till 6am in the morning.  Now I do not normally sleep on my back and spend less than 5 min on my back at a time so this was tantamount to torture.  so on Tuesday morning when they told me I could sit up and move around I was delighted.  I was hoping to go home that evening.  In the afternoon I was very dizzy with a stiff neck and a headache.  they determined that it was due to my pain med and that i needed to stay for another day... Oh my! but at least I could move around and sit on the chair to watch TV.  I arrived home yesterday afternoon before the snowstorm and got settled in.  I found that things were going to be ok, although I didn't feel up to sewing yet I could navigate my bed and home without too much discomfort.  I loaded my chairs with extra pillows, brought my iron patio chair with the arms in from the porch so I could sit at my kitchen table and retrieved my reacher so I would be able to pick up things off the floor without bending.  My daughter Beth stayed with me a while after I arrived home then my daughter Nan came over in the evening to help me with supper.  I went to bed early and slept well and found I could navigate around just using my cane.  I feel blessed by all the caring friends and family and many prayer warriors I have surrounding me.  Thank you Lord!  I really want to blog more but find I am not able to sit long at my desk so tomorrow is another day... maybe I'll be able to blog and put some pictures up.    

No comments:

Post a Comment