Friday, June 6, 2014

I've been here 3 weeks already? Wow!

Yes! this has been a good move for me. The warmth has made a big difference in my pain level between the rheumatoid arthritis and my back. I am so thankful, the Lord is good!  

 

Yesterday I took a ride down to a quilt shop in Sevierville TN, for a quilt shop hop just to get to know the area and I also wanted to see where their were quilt shops in this area. It's called  I was invited to a meeting of the "French Broad Quilting Guild," at THE CHERRY PIT Quilt Shop but because of the Shop Hop they weren't meeting. So when I join I'll be know as one of the "French Broads" tee hee. Although I still belong to the Hudson Heritage Quilting Guild back there and do miss them. 
 I enjoyed their window display which encompassed 2 store windows and the fabric inside was just as wonderful and the Ladies were very friendly.  On this shop hop we got a free Pattern for an applique Block that the ladies in the store made into a lovely Pillow, 2 more Printed patterns, one for a simple but elegant table runner and another for making coasters plus a demonstration on using a specialty ruler & displays of projects in upcoming workshops.

I enjoyed the BOM (Block of the Month) Quilts that were hanging in the Store and was tempted join them. 

After I left The Cherry Pit I drove to Cosby TN and went to the Holloway Country Store to check it out.  I had been there last year and enjoyed their shop tremendously.  They have an array of finished wall hangings, panels and of course lots of yummy fabrics.  I noted that they had the Rooster Panel I had bought already to make into some Place Mats and Pot holders and they even had the border fabric to match along with a small print of white eggs on a black background.  I bought the remaining piece of it. 
A Rooster Pot Holder I made with a square from the Panel





No comments:

Post a Comment